Lead Bakery/Pastry Chef
The Lead Baker is responsible for product management, employee training management, and the customer service experience of Scarlet’s Bakery. She will work with the General Manager and CEO of Scarlet’s Bakery in carrying out the mission and vision of Scarlet’s Bakery and ensuring the bakery is increasing in revenue and fulfillment of our social impact mission.
- Food Product Development
- Creating and developing the menu items at Scarlet’s Bakery.
- Testing and creating new and inspiring menu items.
- Developing packaging for product sales.
- Assisting the operations director in negotiating and getting COG to the best price and quality.
- Customer Service
- Setting the tone for excellent customer service with every Scarlet’s Bakery customer.
- Training staff members on how to interact with customers and creating a culture of hospitality and service in the bakery.
- Managing customer service obstacles in the retail location specifically as issues arise.
- Understanding and knowing customer base, such as regular customers, new customers, trends, etc.
- Managing all wholesale accounts.
- Working in conjunction with the Operations Director as she introduces wholesale clients to the bakery.
- Contacting and increasing wholesale customers and setting goals to reach certain percentages.
- Managing the deliveries and pricing of the wholesale orders
- Creating the menus and offerings for each wholesale client.
- Maintaining effective communication with wholesale clients by using administrative skills to ensure the customer service of wholesale matches the customer service values of Scarlet’s Bakery.
- Catering Events
- Accepting catering clients as they are brought in or called in, in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- Creating menus and creative designs for catering clients to meet their needs.
- Working in conjunction with the Operations Director to schedule staffing at catering events.
- Employee Management
- Overseeing the scheduled staff and ensuring in the case of the absence of Head Chef that there is a production list and management has the proper training.
- Working alongside the Executive Director and Operations Director to carry out the Employee Benefits Program that will be instituted in the next several months. (from 3-15-16)
- Reviewing staff to ensure each staff member is carrying out the duties in an effective and timely manner.
- Barista training for each employee.
- Administrative and Miscellaneous Items
- Maintaining a health code regulated kitchen.
- Accepting GFS shipments when scheduled.
- Aiding in inventory control
- Carrying out equipment maintenance and ensuring items are working properly and maintained.
- Opening and closing the bakery.
This is a full time position with benefits.
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
Please note we are a social enterprise and Christian Ministry owned business. We bake with a purpose and would love to find someone that values our mission like we do! Thank you for your consideration.
Please scroll down to apply.
Cooking Class Instructor and Baker
Scarlet’s Bakery is a social enterprise providing job skill training to women who’ve been exploited in their past to provide a second chance at a new career. We are a mission-minded team and a faith-based organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Providing guests with a one-of-a-kind experience at Scarlet’s Bakery through teaching monthly classes on baking and decorating.
- Bringing a positive attitude to the workplace.
- Preparing and baking large catering orders as needed during busier weeks.
- Teaching up to 5 students in our sponsorship program once a week for a 4 hour class.
- Communication Skills
- Flexibility/ Managing Multiple Priorities
- Interpersonal Abilities
- Leadership Skills
- Multicultural Sensitivity/ Awareness
- Strong sales skills
- Energetic, proactive and positive
- Reliable, professional and team-oriented.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
Shifts will fluctuate based on monthly classes after hours
Job Type: Contract
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Baking in a commercial kitchen: 1 year
- Culinary Degree
- Teaching groups in a cooking class setting
Mission of Scarlet’s Bakery
Scarlet’s Bakery is a social enterprise providing job skill training to women who’ve been exploited and offering a second chance at a new career. We are a mission-minded team and organization working for a common cause!