Scarlet’s Bakery is a non-profit social enterprise created to give women a second chance at employment. We are dedicated to making delicious products that our customers love. We are looking for hard working, go-getter and smiley kind of people! We bake with purpose and we are looking for great team players to join our team!
Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the organization’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO is a key member of senior management and is accountable for supervising the entire organization reporting only to the Executive Director.
You’ll be responsible for all manufacturing and distribution including purchasing, inventory management, quality control, maintenance, production, engineering, shipping and receiving, facility management in addition to leading over 20 employees to manufacture products safely, efficiently and to our high quality standards. You will create and implement processes that minimize production costs and waste while maximizing production output and meeting quality, regulatory and food safety standards. You will also contribute to new product development and finding innovative ways to serve our customers.
You’ll be a part of the social enterprises small senior management team and will play a key role in setting the direction and putting the processes and systems in place to help us achieve our growth plans. Our goal is to be the most efficient, best quality, best place to grow and learn in the industry. Ideally, you’ll have managed other food processing facilities, are a strong leader and have made a significant impact on the companies for which you’ve worked.
The COO will have responsibility for all aspects of the bakery business with direct and indirect day-to-day operations. In an administrative hands-on fashion, manages the organization to meet or exceed budgetary expectations by performing the following principal/essential accountabilities personally and through subordinate staff.
Read our job description by clicking here.
Apply for the COO position by clicking here.
Scarlet's Bakery is hiring a dynamic and energetic Bakery Assistant! Are you highly administrative and love baking? We bake with purpose and we are seeking a socially minded individual who is a team player!
This position has a variety of responsibilities both administrative and operational.
Primary Duties: Primary responsibilities for this position are understanding the operations of the bakery from production to inventory management and administrative tasks that assist in the operational development and sustainability of the bakery and bakery director.
Primary duties includes but are not limited to;
- Assisting the Bakery Director in all responsibilities of the bakery.
- Inventory Control
- Production schedules
- Scheduling of employees weekly
- Organizational and Effectiveness of the Kitchen
- Cleanliness and health code enforcement
- Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Assisting in the bakery with production
- Delivering orders
- Working catering events and booths on behalf of the bakery
- Able to open and close the bakery
Skills Required: (see defined below)
- Communication Skills
- Flexibility/ Managing Multiple Priorities
- Interpersonal Abilities
- Multicultural Sensitivity/ Awareness
- Time Management
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
- Greeting and serving all customers with a positive attitude
- Treating all customers in a courteous, friendly, and helpful manner -Serving our customers quickly and accurately
- Measures and mixes ingredients to make dough or batter
- Rolls, cuts, scoops, and measures dough to move in order to bake
- Applies glaze or other toppings to baked goods
- Read and follow provided recipes
- Using baking equipment according to guidelines
- Preparing and packaging bakery products for sale or storage
- Clean equipment according to guidelines
- Maintain clean floors, counters, equipment, walls, restrooms, etc
- Follow all safety rules
- Follow Department of Health guidelines for proper cleaning procedures -Empty trashcans
Physical Requirements: This position requires standing, bending, walking, repetitive movement and standing for several hours. This person must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. This job is not strictly dedicated to a specific office as occasionally we will have off site work.
A Cake Decorator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting customers and responding to questions
- Icing, decorating, packaging, labeling, and pricing products
- Filling customer special orders, including wedding cakes
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-relation decisions
- Operating and manipulating various tools required to decorate cakes
- Maintaining high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Training other associates as needed
- Assisting with the delivery and set up of wedding cakes as needed
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- Minimum 2 years cake decorating experience: Portfolio of your work required if you are chosen to interview and you will have a working interview to demonstrate your skills
- Experience with both buttercream and fondant icings
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to assist customers with purchases of retail products and to use the point of sale system
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Graduate of an accredited culinary school
- Minimum 4 years cake decorating experience
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience in a commercial bakery that specializes in custom cakes
- A passion for serving people
A Cake Decorator's duties are performed primarily in the kitchen area of the bakery facility. A Decorator may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85 percent of the work day. You are not limited to the kitchen area, as you will be required to assist customers in the retail area when needed.
Call us here: 502-290-7112