At Scarlet’s Bakery we are looking for hard working, go-getter and smiley kind of people! We bake with purpose and we are looking great team players to join our team!
We are seeking a pastry cook who is a trained professional dedicated to excellence and efficiency in making desserts, cakes and pastries and completing production orders apart of catering and retail schedules.
- Ensures all weekly products and special orders are scheduled for production and put out on time
- Ensures products are the same size, consistent quality and to customers’ satisfaction
- Develops new products that can be added to our menu enhancing the bakery menu and sales
- Manages the inventory of supplies we have on hand, ensuring meets the requirements of the
- Assists in the coordination of production and delivery of catering orders
- Develops packaging for for goods and oversees the proper storage of products to reduce waste
- Oversees scheduled staff and ensures tasks are being carried out in a timely and efficient manner
- Leads in the decoration of wedding cakes and other specialty cakes
- Provides welcoming experience for customers and serve all customers quickly and accurately
Monitors kitchen maintenance. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Proper cleaning and maintenance of kitchen equipment and store spaces
- Knowledge and implementation of Department of Health guidelines
- Measures and mixes ingredients to make dough or batter
- Rolls, cuts, scoops and measures dough to move in order to bake
- Applies glaze or other toppings to baked goods
- Read and follow provided recipes
- Uses baking equipment according to guidelines
- Prepares and packages bakery products for sale or storage
- Checks quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met
In addition to the tasks outlined above, you are responsible to the CEO of Scarlet’s Bakery for any need that may arise.
- Communication Skills
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Interpersonal Abilities
- Multicultural Sensitivity/Awareness
- Planning and Organization
- Time Management
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
This positions requires bending, walking, repetitive movement and standing for several hours. This person must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.